- Cerumen (ear wax), a combination of several chemicals (including cholesterol), helps keep the body’s skin moist & hydrated.
- Ear wax doesn't usually build up in an infant ear.
- If you notice over abundance of ear wax, it would be wise to contact your paediatrician or take your baby for a check up
- To clean your baby’s ear, take a warm, damp wash cloth and gently clean baby’s outer ear.
- Do not use cotton bud or Q-tip to insert into your baby’s ear canal. It not only will push the ear wax farther into the canal, it may also cause scarring and damage to the ear drum
- It is wise to let a trained professional or your paediatrician to clean your baby’s ears during routine check-up. Talk to them for the arrangement.
For more readings, you can go to either of below links:-