Thursday, March 19, 2009

The crave for sweetness

Urgh...suddenly I have the crave for laddu. It is just sudden. And I need it really bad. Like now! Huhu. Man, I wish I could persuade Hubby to bring me to Jln Tengku Kelana also known as Little India. They have big varieties of sweet treats for me to choose. Laddu will be my favorite.


How do I develop my love for Indian sweet treats? Well, when I was little and my family resided at Kg. Malaysia Raya, our neighbor was a ‘mamak’ nenek. She used to prepare all varieties of sweet treats for big orders. So I would always be a busybody and kept the nenek accompanied. So I got to taste all of it! Hence I became a sweet tooth person.

I remembered during my college days, I used to go to this Pak Arab’s supermarket just to have my fix of laddu or gulab jamun. Yum yum! I would bought a box (normally 6 pieces) each and kept it in the freezer for weeks.


Laddu, petisa, mysore pak, palkova, barfi, motichoor laddu, gulab jamun, kaju katli, and halva. Just to name a few of the sweet treats of Indian.

Selain dijadikan pembuka sesuatu majlis atau perayaan, juadah manisan mampu membawa kegembiraan, nilai positif dan kesejahteraan yang berpanjangan kepada seluruh anggota keluarga.

-Kosmo Online-

picture 1 courtesy of A Whiff of Lemongrass
picture 2 courtesy of Kosmo Online

2 comments:

  1. hai nisa

    this is my contact number...012 9015056

    looking forward to hearing from u darl!

    -kak yati-

    ReplyDelete
  2. kak yati...
    hope to see you when I'm in KB!!

    ReplyDelete